Archive - Feb 2019 - News

February 27th

Wyoming legislation looks to protect kids born from rape

Posted in

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — Wyoming lawmakers disagreed Tuesday over whether unintended consequences might result from a bill that would make it easier to terminate parental rights when sexual assault results in childbirth.

Wyoming News Update

Posted in

WYOMING WEATHER-STRANDED SNOWMOBILERS

A Look Back in Time: Feb. 27, 1919

Now here's Sheridan Media's look back in time, to 100 years ago, by reporter Pat Blair as published in the Sheridan Enterprise newspaper on Feb. 27, 1919.

People Turn Out for Outpatient Center Open House

A sizable crowd gathered for the hospital's Outpatient Center open house. (Photo by Pat Blair)

A sizable crowd showed up to tour Sheridan Memorial Hospital's new Outpatient Center – formerly known as the Medical Arts Complex – and visit with hospital staff during an open house for the new facility Tuesday night.

Car Club Offering Scholarship To Area Youth

A local car club is offering a scholarship for a senior graduating from an area high school that will be going into some automotive-related field.

JCHC Board To Discuss Transition For New CEO

Johnson County Healthcare Center

The Johnson County Healthcare Center's Board of Trustees will be discussing the upcoming transition from current interim CEO John Osse to Sean McCallister, who will take over the facility on March 4th.

Superintendent's Vision For Community Center in Very Early Stage

Jim Wagner

A community center envisioned by Johnson County School District #1 Superintendent Jim Wagner doesn't yet have funding or a specific location, but some in the community are intrigued with the idea.

Cause of Hotel Fire Determined

Cause of Edwards Hotel fire determined to be a failed refrigerator motor. (Photo from Sheridan Media files)

Last week's fire at the Edwards Hotel on Main Street was caused by the mechanical failure of a motor in a refrigerator.

Fourth Street Fire Traced to Stove Pipe

A stove pipe was the origin of a fire late last week on Fourth Street.

Smoke Detectors Donated to Sheridan Fire-Rescue

Sheridan Fire-Rescue has received a donation of 50 residential smoke detector alarms from the American Red Cross.