Banner Powerline Fire Correction

Wednesday, Sheridan Media News reported on a short-lived fire in Banner that occurred late Friday night. Sources at the time reported no firefighters were dispatched, but Sheridan Media has learned the Story Fire Department responded to the fire on Upper Prarie Dog Road, and it's a good thing they were there, because they came in handy. Story Fire Chief, Mike Onstott, fills us in on what happened when wind blew a tree into a Montana-Dakota Utilities Powerline and sparks began to fly.

The Story Fire Department responded within 10 minutes to the call and stood by for three hours while MDU conducted repairs. The incident caused more than 200 people in the area to loose power overnight.