Wall Pipe Cause of Ceiling Fire

A single wall pipe heated up and burned a portion of a ceiling in a garage on Allen Avenue in Sheridan late last week.

Goose Valley Fire Chief Bob Williams said the incident was reported shortly after 9:30 Friday night. He said Goose Valley's structure engine, along with an engine from Sheridan Fire and Rescue responded to the call. He said the fire had been extinguished by the owner of the property by the time fire crews arrived, and there were no injuries.

The fire chief said crews remained on the scene for about an hour to make sure the fire was extinguished. He said damage was confined to, quote, “a little bit of the ceiling.”